Memo and Notebook software play a vital role when you forget essential things frequently. If you want to install a note-taking software instead of using Google Keep or something like that, you can try out this free tool called Efficient Notes. It is a cross-platform free note-taking software that has password protection, broad editing panel, print option, and other features included.
Let’s take a look at the features and options of this free note-taking app for Windows 10/8/7.
Efficient Notes Memo and Notebook software
Here is the list of some of ts important features:
- Backup-restore: You cannot synchronize the notes across multiple computers. However, if you are moving from one PC to another, the backup-restore functionality may help you.
- Password protection: If you are writing down some confidential information, this is recommended to lock them down with a strong password.
- Comprehensive note editor: This software has probably the best note editing panel as you can find some common features and options while making a note. Although the paid version does a lot more, the free edition is good enough. You can use bold, italic, underline, change the font, font size, alignment, etc.
- User interface styling: If you do not like the default user interface, you can change it anytime.
- Search: If you have created a lot of notes and you want to find something quickly, you can always take the help of the ‘search’ option.
- Group notes: If you want to categorize your notes based on the project, priority, etc., you can do that with an in-built option.
- Insert a picture in notes: Not all, but this note-taking software lets you insert an image in your notes so that you can remember something easily.
- Print notes: Sometimes, you may need to print some notes on paper. If so, you can do that using the given option.
If you want to start using this note-taking software on your Windows 10 computer, visit the official website, download and install it. After opening, you can find a window like this-
If you want to create a note, click the New Note button. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Shift+N buttons together.
The note editing panel will open.
This is the basic guide to get started with this software. If you want to use it properly, this is recommended to check out the following tips and tricks.
How to password protect notes
If you want to lock down this software so that you can prevent others from opening and check out your notes, you can apply a password. For that, go to File > Password. Then, you need to type your password twice to confirm it.
Following the setup, you need to enter your password whenever you try to open it. One crucial thing is that you must remember the password as there is no option to reset the forgotten password.
How to print notes
If you want to print a note, you do not need to leave this tool as it comes with the in-built option to get that job done. At first, create the whole note or select the note that you want to print and press Ctrl+P. Alternatively, you can go to File > Print.
Now you need to check if everything is okay or not. If yes, you can follow the next screen instruction to print your note.
How to backup and restore notes
If you are moving from one computer to another and you want to get all the notes on your new PC, here is how it can be done. For that, you need to backup your notes first. You can go to File and select the Backup option. Now, select where you want to save your backup and click the OK button.
On the new computer, you need to install the Efficient Notes and get the backup file. After opening this tool, go to File > Restore. Now, you need to select the backup file and click the Open button.
All your notes will be restored automatically.
These were some tips and tricks to help you get started with this free note-taking software. If you like it, you can download it from the official download website.
- Tags: Freeware