Your Windows system needs to have updated drivers, not only when you move to newer edition of OS., but also on the same device. Keeping drivers updated to the latest version helps you get the best performance out of your hardware. But it is true, most of us do not update drivers, unless they are offered by Microsoft Updates.
If you do not want to manually check driver for updates, then this post will help you. We’ve previously seen some driver update software. Today we will cover DriveTheLife tool.
Scan your Windows for Driver Updates
DriveTheLife has very simplified UI but powerful capabilities to check out and update device drivers. It helps you keep your system have compatible and updated drivers installed. It is capable of detecting corrupted, outdated and missing drivers.
We tested it on an old system with Windows 10 installed, and it found out some outdated drivers.
DriveTheLife basically performs driver verification on following driver families:
BIOS Bluetooth, Card Readers, Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder, DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players, Firmware, Graphics Board, HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash, Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels, Keyboard & Mouse.
Following are the highlights of this useful program:
- It can find the most suitable drivers for your PC intelligently
- It is an all-in-one tool to update, repair and manage drivers easily
- It is compatible with all recent versions of Windows, from Windows Vista to Windows 10, both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
- It is totally free and has an intuitive easy to use interface.
As a Windows user, if you want to keep you device drivers updated always, you might want to check out this simple utility.
Do remember to create a system restore point first before you use the freeware.
UPDATE: Based on feedback and comments the home page link has been removed. Plus it is no longer free.
You may instead want to have a look at these free driver updaters:
- Driver Sweeper: Backup or remove drivers from Windows
- Double Driver: Freeware to backup & restore Drivers in Windows
- Update AMD Drivers with AMD Driver Autodetect for Windows
- Update Intel Drivers with Intel Driver Update Utility
- Free Driver Backup: Back up your Device Drivers in Windows easily.