Microsoft is making substantial efforts to provide customers with tools and services aimed at increasing the successful deployment and healthy operation of Microsoft products within customer environments. We had already talked of the Microsoft Desktop Player earlier in April, and today we will cover Microsoft Broadcaster.
Microsoft Broadcaster is a fast, easy way to access relevant, custom-selected content from Microsoft for IT Professionals, Developers & Aspiring Technologists and publish to your blog, newsletters or user group communications.
Key Features of Microsoft Broadcaster include:
- Permission and ability to download and embed content on your sites without sending traffic away from your site.
- Customize by product e.g. Windows®, SharePoint®, Microsoft Office
- Customize content by keyword.
- Customize content by form factor e.g. webcasts, videos, podcasts
- Set alerts for content updates
At this point in time the program is primarily open for applications from the following, and final acceptance is at Microsoft’s discretion:
- Active bloggers who meet certain minimum traffic criteria (i.e. approx. 300-400 unique users a month, approx. 4-6 blog postings a month).
- IT associations, Developer associations and user group communication
- IT and Developer focused newsletter publishers.
- Must be based in the United States.
Currently Microsoft Broadcaster is an invitation-only program, but if you are a Microsoft Partner, MVP, MCP, it may pre-qualify you.
Interested? Head over to the MicrosoftBroadcaster.com website!
Thanks: Sudhir Diddee, Microsoft.