Windows Live Essentials 2011, Wave 4, beta refresh, has been released and is now available for download. The new installer weighs in at about 151MB for the full installer and carries the build number 15.4.3001.0809.
UPDATE 30th Sept 2010 : Windows Live Essentials 2011 Final is available now.
This new version of the suite, incorporates new icons, new features, many bugs fixed since version Beta releases and the incorporation Windows Live Language Setting with all language packs (MUI) & (LIP) for example Catalan and Euskera for Spanish version.
This program brings new features like the ability to change languages or install (automatically for the web) the additional languages.
The Windows Live Essentials include Live Messenger, Live Writer, Live Movie Maker, Live Mail, Live Photo Gallery, Live Sync, Bing Bar, Live Family Safety and Messenger Companion.
Download links: Web Installer | Full Installer. Or download from Windows Live Essentials home page now!
UPDATE: Here are some of the many improvements you’ll see in this area:
- Facebook chat
- A quicker Messenger – The time it takes to sign in, and to refresh contacts and social feeds, as well as animation speed, are all faster than in previous versions of Messenger.
- More efficient video chat – Messenger video chat uses 30% fewer CPU resources by offloading work to the GPU.
- Better facial recognition – Photo Gallery facial recognition is improved significantly and works more quickly.
- Larger movie uploads – Movie Maker will upload higher resolution movies to SkyDrive (480×640 vs. the previous 320×480).
- Higher bit-rate movies – Movie Maker now supports higher quality (bit-rate) content.
- Better spell-checking – Writer has significantly improved the quality of its spell-checking.
- Better integration with Office – Writer is much better at retaining all formatting when you copy and paste from Word and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Better handling of Gmail – Mail now automatically handles Gmail’s spam and trash folders properly.
- Faster web filtering – Family Safety web filtering is 35% faster than in the previous version.
- Tags: Essentials