Finally the wait is over and you can now download Windows 8 Consumer Preview or Windows 8 Beta version.You can also download Windows 8 Consumer Preview Product Guides for Business and Developers.
The downloads are available for 32-bit (2.5 GB ISO) and 64-bit (3.3 GB ISO) in English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese languages. The product key is the same for all versions of Windows 8 and have also been mentioned there on the download page and also here at the end of this post. Microsoft is also offering a different download option to the ISO downloads.
Windows 8 Consumer Preview Setup will check to see if your PC can run Windows 8 Consumer Preview and select the right download. Setup also features a compatibility report and upgrade assistance. Built-in tools for creating an ISO or bootable flash drive are available for some previous versions of Windows (excluding Windows XP and earlier).
Once Windows 8 Consumer Preview is downloaded, you can choose how and when to install it. You can install on the current drive or you can make an ISO or bootable flash drive for installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview on another partition, virtual machine, or another PC (requires Windows Vista or Windows 7).
These are the sizes of the download packages when using Setup.
- Setup: 5.0 MB
- 32-bit (x86) Windows 8 Consumer Preview: 1.5 GB
- 64-bit (x64) Windows 8 Consumer Preview: 1.9 GB.
System Requirements: Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multi-touch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
Useful Windows 8 links:
- Windows 8 CP download setup
- Windows 8 CP download ISO images
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview website
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview FAQ
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview Product Guide
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview Product Guide for Developers
- Introducing Windows 8 CP
The Product license key for all Windows 8 CP versions is DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J.
Go here to get the complete wrap-up on the Windows 8 CP event.