The Microsoft Money Plus Sunset versions are replacements for expired versions of Microsoft Money Essentials, Deluxe, Premium, and Home and Business. They allow existing customers to use MoneyPlus to continue accessing their data. Changes to the new versions include file conversions from older versions of Money, no required activation, no online services and no assisted support. Microsoft Money Plus Sunset is available now.
Microsoft Money Plus Sunset download
Microsoft stopped selling Money on June 30, 2009. The last version required online activation in order to be fully functional. Online activation was also required for every machine onto which Money Plus was installed. Now that Money Plus is no longer available for purchase, the online activation step will eventually become unnecessary and unsupported. This Money Plus Sunset package removes the activation requirement.
The Microsoft Money Plus Sunset versions provide an alternative version of Money with the following:
- No activation requirement. This version can be installed/reinstalled as needed without a requirement to activate.
- No online services. Discontinued services include online quotes, bill payment, statement downloads initiated by Money, data sync with MSN Money, etc. If your financial institution provides OFX or QIF statement downloads, the Sunset versions will allow you to import those statements into your Money file.
- Online Help is replaced with a local Help file.
- No Assisted Support. Self Help and community support may continue to be available for a few more years.
- File conversion from older versions of Money. The Sunset versions are able to open and convert Money Plus files and files from older versions of Money (e.g. Money 2006, Money 2007). The Sunset version cannot convert files created by regional (non-US) versions of Money.
Money Plus Sunset is available from Microsoft here at
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=32434 in two versions and can be installed stand-alone, or as an upgrade to any existing installation of Microsoft Money. Money Plus Deluxe Sunset is designed to replace Essentials, Deluxe and Premium and Money Plus Home & Business Sunset is designed to replace Home & Business.
UPDATE: The download has been taken down but you can get it from CNET.
This version of Money Plus Sunset can be installed as a stand-alone or as an upgrade to any existing installation of Microsoft Money. You may want to read how to use Microsoft Money on Windows.
Also read: How to convert Files from Microsoft Money to QuickBooks Pro
You may also want to check out some more free Personal Finance & Business Accounting Software.