Monday marks the much anticipated release of Windows Phone 7, but today Microsoft has opened the Windows Phone 7 portal. No devices are listed as of yet but you can get a peek at the Features, Help and How-Tos as well as Apps. There are many videos and walk-throughs for everyone that may be interested in getting a closer look at the features that will be available.
Some of the features that will be available:
- Live Tiles to quickly view everything important to you
- People Hub and Facebook which brings your contacts and Facebook together
- Pictures Hub and Camera for taking photos and uploading them all in minutes
- Music and Videos Hub allows you to play your media synced wirelessly with your PC as well as streaming media from Marketplace
- Office Hub for productivity by using the pre-installed Office Mobile
- Games Hub which allows you to play games with XBox Live
- Marketplace Hub for apps, music and games anytime
- Search & Maps featuring Bing featuring one button search
- Email featuring Outlook Mobile
- Calendar which allows you to save all your work and events in one view
- Internet Explorer Mobile for web browsing
- Find My Phone and Windows Live in those rare cases you misplace your phone
For those looking at WP7 and looking for How-Tos the Windows Phone 7 Portal offers a wide range of help from how to make calls to tips and tricks for your phone as well as explanation of icons and their uses.