D7 is an advanced tool for IT Professionals and PC technicians. This tool is meant ONLY for advanced users, and not for beginners. The functionalities in this tool can damage your system, so please be careful with testing with this application.
It’s a portable yet powerful application, with a wide range of freeware built into one package. The developer of this application “Foolish IT” has taken the EULA very seriously because once you accept the licensing terms you’ll get another pop up that says “You have accepted the licensing terms” and we have to click OK to get into the application.
Here is Developer’s warning found in their website :
THIS TOOL IS INTENDED FOR EXPERIENCED PC TECHNICIANS ONLY, NOT FOR “END USERS.” This tool can be very dangerous and destructive if you don’t know how to use it properly, or are inexperienced in malware removal techniques.
After opening the application it scans your whole computer and give the output of your software and hardware. There are few tabs in this application which helps us in performing numerous tasks like:
- Malware scanner
- Offline Tasks
For those who don’t know Data Grab, it backs up only the data you WANT from each user’s profile (and not all of it, e.g. temp files, etc.) such as documents, pictures, video, desktop, favorites, saved games, downloads, cookies, history, application data for Outlook (including PSTs and NK2) / Outlook Express DBXes and Windows Address Book, Firefox profiles etc..
According the developers here is the list of things D7 can do:
- Offline and live malware removal assistance via many internal and 3rd party tools
- Repairing Windows after malware removals
- General PC maintenance
- Offline and live registry editing with mass search & delete features
- Offline and live data backup
- CPU/RAM stress testing
- Information gathering and quality assurance uses
- OS Branding
- IP/DNS configuration + backup & restore
- Shortcuts to frequently used Windows components
- Quick access to frequently used Windows tweaks
- Numerous right-click context menu (in Windows Explorer) features for working with files and directories
- Wrappers / one-click execution options for frequently used command line tools
- Synchronization of Malware Scan definition files
- Automatic updates of all your favorite 3rd party tools via Ketarin
- Offline application of password removal tricks enabling you to gain access to password protected live systems
Note that D7 is not the malware scanner or remover, YOU are. YOU control it’s behavior by using the whitelist/blacklist functionality, and by your own pair of hopefully good eyeballs. D7’s Malware Scan functionality is designed to show you what D7 doesn’t recognize, by whitelisting known good items, and automatically deleting known bad items. D7’s Malware Scan merely shows you what is left after the whitelisting/blacklisting is applied. From there, you have the option to whitelist, blacklist, delete, rename, ignore, google, or whatever you want with the results.
Here is a short video demonstration:
For a Network administrator or an IT Professional this tool will make their job easier, because lot of us are using applications from SysInternals, Nirsoft, etc. and this toolkit contains a lot of awesome portable apps from these companies. For example, the Reporting button called up one of NirSoft’s reporting apps.
So just give it a try ,and see how it works for you. It is a fantastic free suite of powerful tools that will make a good addition in your USB drive.
More information & Download: FoolishIT.com.