The Microsoft Learning Content Development System (LCDS) is a free tool from Microsoft Learning that enables you to create high-quality, interactive, online courses. The LCDS allows anyone to build e-learning courses by completing the easy-to-use LCDS forms that seamlessly generate highly customized content, including interactive activities, quizzes, games, assessments, animations, demos, and other instructionally engaging elements.
The latest version of the LCDS is ready to download. This release has been updated to be compatible with 64-bit operating systems and with Microsoft Silverlight 4.0.
You will find innovative features, such as the ability to use animations with closed captioning.
Highlights of this release – The new v2.5 features include:
- LCDS authoring is 64 bit–compatible
- E-learning created is compatible with Firefox 3.5.9 and Firefox 3.6.3
- New Silverlight 4 Media Player for animations that includes closed captioning and full screen option
- Enhanced keyboard accessibility for the sort and tile games, adventure interactivity, and Voice of the Expert element
- LCDS authoring and e-learning created are completely Microsoft Silverlight 4.0–compatible
- Content is now permitted at the Lesson level
- Also available on the site are seven localized LCDS v2.3 versions: Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Russian, Hindi, Polish, Turkish, and Spanish.