I have seen lot of threads in different communities asking for a way to convert Windows Media Center recordings eg. WTV format files to other formats. There are several software that can help us in converting them. Yesterday I found this freeware MC-TVConverter, that can help us in converting WTV format.
MC-TVConverter is a basically a GUI for the following applications: remuxTool, HandBrake, FFmpeg, MEncoder, ComSkip, ccextractor.
According to their website the features are:
- Conversion from WTV, DVR-MS, MPG, TS, AVI, MP4 and WMV.
- Conversion to TS, DEMUX, MPG, WMV, AVI, FLV and MP4 (depending on the input format – WTV and DVR-MS conversion deprecated as of now).
- Supports WTV-HD recordings.
- Automatically remove commercials from MPEG2-streams
- Choose your language in audio streams (or convert all streams in supported target formats).
- Easy to use GUI with “drag ‘n’ drop”.
- Conversion via right click context menu!
- For all who want it easy: no need for professional knowledge to get high Quality output!
- For all who want more: advanced settings in profiles file and create own profiles.
- Clearly arranged interface for a fast conversion in between.
- Watch folder: converts all supported files in a folder and its subfolders in the background (checks if file is in use and creates a history file to convert a file only once).
- Rename files according to their metadata (in WTV files).
- Extract subtitles to file.
- Minimizes into the tray for minimal invasive appearance.
- Debugging to analyze errors.
The best part is you’ll get all these features for free because this is a open source program.