Most of us today use multiple email accounts for personal and work. And we have to check each one of them separately so that we don’t miss important email. It is much easier if you use a desktop email client such as Windows Live Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird. Today I will be showing you how to configure your Windows Live Mail to receive emails from a Gmail account.
So let’s start!
1) I presume you have already installed Windows Live Mail. If you haven’t get the download link from here. Once you have finished the installation, open Windows Live Mail.
2) Select the Accounts tab from the ribbon interface and click Email.
3) A new window will open. Here you will have to enter you email ID and password. For Gmail accounts, Windows Live Mail automatically uses IMAP for email retrieval. If you want to use POP, check Manually configure server settings. Click Next.
4) In the configuration settings windows, enter the details as shown in the below figure. Enter your logon username along with @gmail.com extension in the Logon user name filed. Click Next.
5) Once your have completed the above steps, your account will be created and the following window will be displayed. Click Finish.
You can now see the Gmail account folders in the left pane of Windows Live Mail.
Note: If you receive an authentication error with your username or password, please follow the steps detailed here.