Many times we want to share files, software, etc. with our friends, relatives, teammates, etc. There are hundreds of methods by which you can get this done. From using a pen drive to different online tools, you can take help from anything. However, the problem occurs, when you need to share a large file quickly. There are many web apps that let you share large files, – but today we will take a look at this free Windows software called Cloudtag that lets you upload and share files using a Hashtag. Let’s check out the features of Cloudtag and see how it works.
Upload & share files with Cloudtag
Let’s assume that you want to share a software with someone. If you try Gmail, it will block your email since Gmail doesn’t allow users to share any executable file. Most of the online file-sharing app comes with some limitations which do not permit people to upload any large file. However, Cloudtag allows you to upload any size of the file – but it has its advantages as well as disadvantages.
Benefits of using Cloudtag:
- You do not need any account. Just download it to your machine, and start using it right away. Quick and straightforward.
- There is no unique link that you have to copy. Obviously, you need a link, but that can be remembered easily since you can customize that link according to your wish.
- The recipient doesn’t need any account as well. As you send the file URL, the recipient can download the file right away.
- There is no file size limitation. While testing, I have tried uploading 1.5Gb of a file and it uploaded successfully.
- There is no file extension limitation. In other words, you can upload any file.
Disadvantages of Cloudtag:
- It is not private at all, and this is the main drawback of Cloudtag. In other words, if someone gets to know about the hashtag that you have used to upload a file, he/she can download it from the Cloudtag server.
- There is no “Delete” option in this app. That means, once you upload a file, it gets stored in the Cloudtag server for a long time (The expiry time is not clear yet).
- Once you create a hashtag, you cannot edit it ever. That means you need to create a different hashtag for each file that you want to upload.
Talking about the user interface, Cloudtag is a very good looking desktop app that comes with a very few option. After opening it, you will see a window like this-
First, you have to create a hashtag, and it must be unique. You cannot use a hashtag that has already been used. After that, you can use drag & drop technique to upload files.
It takes time for processing based on the file size. After this, you can copy the link along with a hashtag and send it to the person who can then download your file. The recipient will see an interface like this-
Now he/she can download the file easily by clicking on the “Download” button.
You can download Cloudtag from here. You can install it on Windows 10/8/7.
- Tags: Freeware