TrafficLight is a new a new cross browser security tool from BitDefender. It helps you get a completely secure web browsing experience, by intercepting, processing and filtering all web traffic – blocking any malicious content before it reaches your browser.
- TrafficLight works with virtually any Windows-compatible browser. It even keeps look, feel and functionality consistent if you switch browsers. It works on the following browsers: Internet Explorer 7+, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- It intercepts and scans web traffic before it even reaches the browser, effectively blocking disguised or stealth attacks before it’s too late.
- It scans the pages you visit for malware and phishing attempts each and every time you access them to avoid the threat of legitimate but recently compromised websites.
- TrafficLight won’t block an entire website if just some pages within are malicious. Only the potentially harmful elements are blocked, leaving you free to view the rest of the site if you so choose.
- It relies on intelligence provided by BitDefender Cloud services to flag malware and phishing attempts in search results from Google or Bing. Not only that, but it also checks links in popular social network platforms and blocks them if they are suspect.
- It does not add a toolbar to your already-cluttered browser interface. Its interface remains invisible until your input is needed or it’s called up with a simple mouse gesture. It runs as a Windows service.
Home Page: BitDefender TrafficLight.