Google Chrome is among the most popular browsers right now, and with good reason. Google has invested a large amount of time and money to make it the fastest and most secure browser ever. Large companies such as Microsoft have adopted Chromium to make their own browsers even better. About 67% of the usage share of browsers is Chrome alone. That is not including the usage of Chrome on mobile devices.
Google Chrome comes with both a basic and enhanced spell checker, the latter of which is powered by the tech used in Google Search. This is a very powerful option that can help you type better and faster while in Chrome.
Automatically Turn on Spell Checker in Google Chrome
To enable the spell checker in Google Chrome browser in just a few simple steps follow these steps:
- Startup Google Chrome
- Click on the menu button in the top-right corner. A drop-down menu will appear, showcasing all the different actions that you can perform.
- Locate and click on the Settings option in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Advanced option in the sidebar, and in the options that appear below it
- Click on the Languages option.
- In the Languages section, click on the Spell Check button which can toggle whether it is on or off. In our case, we want it turned on. Therefore, make sure that it is blue.
- Upon turning on the Spell Check option, two different options will show up, allowing you to choose which type of Spell Check you desire to use.
- Click on the Basic or Enhanced Spell Check option based on your needs.
That’s it! You can now continue using Chrome and spell check will ensure that you get no word wrong.
When you are typing extremely quickly, are an inexperienced typer, or don’t have English as your first language, you will often find yourself making quite a few mistakes. This is easily remedied by working on improving your typing, but having a good spell checker can be extremely helpful. It can ensure that your work can look the best it possibly can, while all you have to do is type out the content.
This guide should hopefully have enabled you to start typing better inside of Chrome and improve your productivity tenfold.
- Tags: Chrome