SmartClose is a free program that automates the process of closing all running programs. It can also save the state of the system to a system snapshot, so all the programs that have been closed can be easily restarted later by SmartClose.
SmartClose automatically closes & restores programs
Lets say that for some reason you need to close down all the open program and do something; and on completing the task, need to go back to the state with all the programs open. In such a case you will find this app to be of great help as it can also create snap-shots of your computer state.
- Two wizards: the Close Programs wizard, for closing all the programs, and the Restore wizard, to restore a system snapshot. Both provide an intuitive and clear interface, and assist you step by step.
- Thanks to its SmartClose-technology, most programs can be properly closed, so that the program can still save its settings and return memory and resources to the system.
- In the rare cases that a program can’t be properly closed, SmartClose can use SmartKill to kill the program. Still, all the memory and resources used by the program will be freed.
- If you don’t want a program to be closed or killed by SmartClose, you can add it to a list of ‘Protected Programs’.
- Besides closing programs, SmartClose also closes Explorer and Internet Explorer windows and saves their current location, so they can be restored properly later.
- Disables and restores the screen saver.
- On modern Windows versions, SmartClose stops and restarts Windows services that can interrupt other processes, such as the Task Scheduler.
Works fine on Windows 10/8/7 & Vista too!
CloseAll may also interest you!
- Tags: Freeware