Windows Live Messenger Wave 4 Beta is out now, and already stealing the hearts of lot of users, due to its superb looks and inbuilt social networking capabilities. But if there are pros there will be cons! We have already discussed some new features, and some tips and tricks in our previous post.
This post is to tell Microsoft (if they are listening and value our feedback ) that Wave 4 is the best Messenger ever but it still needs some attention, in select areas!
1. Why am I not able to change my display name? When I go to Options > Personal, I can see an option to edit my name and I have done it but still I can’t see changes on my Messenger.
2. Where are my good old emoticons? Though the complete GUI and UI of Wave 4 is really attractive and eye catching but we still feel that the old emoticons are much better than the new one’s!
3. Badges: OK, that’s something cool, but atleast give us some flexibility to add our own badges.
4. Why not Twitter? I was hoping that may be this time I was able to Tweet from Messenger. I hope I will not have to wait till Wave 5!
5. “In Windows Live Messenger you can draw or hand-write your messages” That’s History now. Why on earth was this cool feature removed? I fail to understand this. It really saves time when you need to show some rough design while chatting with your friend. I was not able to find if it is there in thies version! If you know, please let me know.
What do you think of these? Are there any features that you have disliked in WLM Wave 4 Beta? Any feature you’d like to see?
- Tags: Messenger