Many Windows programs help us in minimizing our time and efforts to get the work done quickly. ZenKEY is one of them. This program lets you control most aspects of your computer via a keyboard and a mouse, no matter what program you are running.
Using the configuration utility of the ZenKEY Wizard, you can create menus, each containing items which perform “actions”. You can bring up these actions by clicking on the item or pressing a key-combination. For example, you can configure a menu (Internet) to load your favorite website automatically when you open a browser.
ZenKEY for configuring Internet menu:
Just click on the ZenKEY icon, choose ‘Items’ and double-click on any ZenKEY Menu, Internet here, to edit it.
Doing so, opens a New Item window wherein you can enter the address of your favorite website to load it first, whenever you open the browser.
With this, you not only speed up the navigation and traditional tasks but also provide a direct and much simple way to control a system.
Let us now see how it can be used for assigning a keystroke to perform a specific function.
ZenKEY for Assigning the keystrokes:
The program includes a built-in wizard that helps a user learn program’s features. By default, the program assigns keyboard shortcuts to launch most programs however, if you like to change them just click on the items and hit the Edit tab to change them.
This brings up a Configure Item window where you can choose and assign a hot key to launch the program.
In the screen-shot above it shows None. That’s because I haven’t assigned any hotkeys yet but you can choose to assign Hotkeys from the list that program provides you or enter any of your choice.
If you think that this is it, then wait – you can enhance your desktop also. ZenKEY includes a Desktop map, a small window that displays colors around opened desktop elements.
You can iconify these windows thereby allowing them to be used as a program shortcut while an application is running.
Features in a nutshell:
- Launch a program, bring it back into focus, or move to another one.
- Use an Infinite desktop space. Spread groups of windows around and move between them seamlessly.
- Iconize windows. Save Desktop area by replacing windows with ‘live’ icons showing CPU and memory usage. Open a document, folder, Internet resource or start a search.
- Start your screensaver, shutdown your computer, open a CD door and more.
- Access hidden Windows utilities.
- Control Winamp or compatible Media Players. Instantly display any menu of programs or actions at the mouse pointer
ZenKEY is free for use and compatible with all the recent versions of Windows OS. Its can be downloaded from here.