If you find that you are facing any issues in running Windows Updates, including Service Pack, due to any reasons, you might want to check out this Automated Fix It Solution, Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
Download and open the Windows Update troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
The troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates.
You can let it fix it for you automatically or you can choose to see the fixes and decide to apply them.
If your computer is having problems finding and installing operating system updates, try using this Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem.
Download page : Windows Update Troubleshooter.
These links may also interest you:
- Troubleshoot problems with installing Windows Updates in Windows 7 & Vista – FAQ
- Troubleshoot: Windows 7 or Vista Updates Fail To Install
- Troubleshoot: Cannot Update Windows using Windows Update
- Microsofts CheckSUR Tool to repair Windows Updates
- Windows Update Page Is Blank In Windows 7 or Vista
- Fix WU Utility will re-register all required WU dll files in a click
- Troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server Update Services
- Unable to install Windows Updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008.