The Windows Phone app for Windows desktop is a must-have software to have on your Windows 8 | 7 device, if you are a Windows Phone 8 user. You may have noticed that when you connected your Windows Phone 8 to your Windows 8 device, the Windows Phone Modern UI app would automatically get installed and help you sync your data between your phone and your PC.
Microsoft is offering 3 Windows Phone apps:
- Windows Phone Modern UI app for Windows 8. It supports Windows 8 and Windows RT
- Windows Phone app for desktop. This supports Windows 8 and Windows 7
- Windows Phone app for Mac.
The Windows Phone app for desktop, (the second one above in the list) offers more features than the Windows Phone Modern UI app (the first one). This software will allow you to:
- Sync music, photos, movies, TV shows, and podcasts from your Windows Libraries or Apple iTunes library to your Windows Phone 8.
- Automatically import pictures and videos taken with your phone to your PC.
- Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone.
- Get your playlists on your phone.
- See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content.
Windows Phone app for desktop free download
You can download it from here.