Windows Phone 7 is a different kind of phone designed to bring together what users care about in an easier and faster way. Enterprise users will experience the best-in-class productivity through Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Mobile, and provides interface for applications that can work across the phone, web and PC.
Windows Phone 7 consists of numerous enhancements in the user interface, design, and software platform which tends to meet some of the most important needs of your organization such as, enabling business users to stay connected to information that is important to them, to each other, to their customers, and to their business associates. There are three primary areas around which Windows Phone 7 provides enhanced access to key information and data; email, contacts, and calendar.
With Microsoft Outlook Mobile 2010 pre-installed on Windows Phone, users can sort, scan, and manage both work and personal email with ease. Some of the key email enhancements on Windows Phone 7 include:
- Multiple account support: Access mail using several accounts including multiple Microsoft Exchange accounts, an Internet Service Provider (ISP) that provides email services, or a web-based service like Windows Live Hotmail, Google Mail, or Yahoo! Mail.
- Quick access to key information: Live Tiles deliver quick access to key information across different email accounts.
- Instant organization: Users can find what they need faster as emails are automatically filtered by all, unread, urgent, and flagged.
- Quicker selection: A new selection mode makes it easy to quicklymark several messages, and delete, flag, follow up, or move them to another folder.
- Quick email setup: For most email providers, Windows Phone can automatically configure the account—all your users need to do is enter their email address and password.
- Nickname cache: Quickly create new emails using a suggestion list of previous addresses.
- Reply state: Identify which emails have been forwarded and replied to.
- Email search: Search for email in your phone using specific words, subject matter, or other elements.
Windows Phone 7 introduces several changes to the way contacts are displayed and accessed:
- People Hub: From the SIM phonebook, to Outlook contacts, to social networks, access all contacts in a single location.
- Quick access to key contacts: Pin frequently-used contacts and add favorites to the People Hub for quick access and regular social updates.
- Global Address List (GAL) lookup: Provide the ability to seamlessly search for contacts in your company’s GAL when the user does not have a particular contact in their phone.
Windows Phone 7 puts all personal and work appointments on a single easy-to-navigate screen. The new calendar enables users to:
- Use email and calendars that work together: Receive your meeting invitations right in your inbox and instantly find out if you have a conflict or not.
- View appointments at-a-glance: View details of upcoming meetings from multiple calendars on a single screen.
- Track easier with color coding: Combine work and personal calendars in a single color-coded view, making it easier to spot conflicts and manage life.
- Map appointment locations: Tap on the meeting address and Bing maps guides your users to their destination with an aerial view, as well as driving directions.
- Respond immediately: Respond to the meeting invitation—including proposing a new meeting time—right from the request email.
- Improve scheduling: Iconic indicators on Live Tiles help visually identify and resolve scheduling conflicts quickly.
- Instantly respond in case of delays: Stuck in a traffic jam? No problem—with a single touch, users can send a pre-written “I’m running late” email.
Microsoft Office Mobile
Windows Phone 7 is the only phone with Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 built-in. It integrates the powerful Microsoft Office tools that your users are already familiar with, at home and in the office. On Windows Phone, these applications are designed to deliver a great experience, enabling users to breach location constraints and stay productive so they can view, edit, share, and sync Microsoft Office documents while on the go.
The Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 suite consists of Word Mobile 2010, Excel Mobile 2010, PowerPoint Mobile 2010, OneNote 2010, and SharePoint Workspace Mobile 2010. Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 offers several features that help improve productivity.
For more information on Windows Phone 7 for Business, download Windows Phone 7 Business Productivity Guide from Microsoft.