After Tomboy, a powerful and general-purpose text editor, another Notepad alternative we have come across is EditPad Lite. The program along with organizing notes and other tidbits of information, supports many functions for text manipulation and conversion.
The application edits any kind of plain text file and has all the essential features that one can expect from a basic text editor. Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, EditPad Lite functions as a cool Windows Notepad replacement.
The user is free to select colors, font size and configure appearance settings of the program depending on his preferences. Cursor size selection, color, blinking style and other options too have been made customizable.
You can also open as many files in EditPad Lite at a time as you want, change between the open files by clicking on their tabs and even undo changes after saving them, until closed.
EditPad is always visible in the system tray, even when closed. The newly released version EditPad Lite 7, available in English is a 5.9 MB file, that offers easy installation and un-installation. To install the application simply follow the below mentioned steps.
- Download and run the installer
- Choose the ‘Create Portable Installation’ option
- Check ‘Treat all drives as removable drives’, save it to your preferred drive. The program will save to the root of that drive.
- Optionally, move EditPadLite from the root to a folder of your choice
- Launch EditPadLite7.exe
EditPad Lite is free for personal use only and can be downloaded without any kind of payment or registration. Business and government users are required to purchase a license for the usage.
Features in a nutshell:
- Large file and long line support
- Automatic backup and working copies prevent data loss
- Tabbed interface for working with many files
- Full Unicode support, including complex scripts and right-to-left scripts
Download: EditPad Lite.
Go here if you are looking for more Notepad alternatives for Windows.