The partnership between Microsoft and Nokia has given birth to a new aggressive marketing strategy pursued by both the giants. This made us see huge impressive ad posters almost everywhere, luring tv commercials, the dead mau5 presentation, a giant-sized Windows Phone structure and what not. Oh yes, it also includes giving away free Windows Phone handsets through quite a number of campaigns like the I Unlock Joy, the Microsoft Canada Mango App challenge, the Australian Windows Phone Development challenge, and now comes another one.
Microsoft has mailed all their AppHub subscribers informing them about this new offer, where on account of New Year 2012, they will be giving away a free Nokia Lumia 800 device to the first 500 AppHub registered developers who come up with a new Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) app. Yes you heard it right! Just one app and you may walk away with a brand new Nokia Lumia 800 for FREE. But there is a catch. This campaign is valid only for U.S residents. An only one entry per AppHub Id is allowed. Ouch!
- Ensure that your newly created app adheres to the following:
- It should target the Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) platform.
- It should include Fast App Switching
- It should conform to the Metro guidelines
- The app should function appropriately per its description without any bugs or glitches.
- The developer should be a U.S. registered member of App Hub.
The Windows Phone app should be developed between January 1, 2012 and February 10, 2012 (11:59 PM PST).
How to enter
To submit an entry, developers need to send an email to WPNewYear at microsoft dot com with the following information filled up:
- Name (matches App Hub account):
- Mailing Address (where device will be shipped-not used by Microsoft for any other purpose):
- App Hub Publisher/ISV ID #:
- Application ID:
- Marketplace deep link:
- Application publication date:
- Uses Fast app switching (yes or no):
- Conforms to Metro guidelines (yes or no):
Windows Phone developers from the U.S region, you might just be on your way to win a brand new Nokia Lumia 800 device!
All the best!