Microsoft has introduced the Office Starter 2010, as a free but ad-supported version. But it has its limitations!
Microsoft Office 2010 Starter Edition can do the following things:
- Create and edit simple Word documents and Excel spreadsheets
- Open existing Word and Excel files
- Manage a simple budget
- Writing letters
- Basic text work
Microsoft Office 2010 Starter Edition cannot do the following things:
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Sending emails and keeping track of his calendar with Outlook
- Organize notes with OneNote
- Using macros
- Modify toolbar
- Retrieving external data in Excel
- Insert table of contents, footnotes and bibliography
- Remove advertisements.
- Track Changes Add comments and use Track Changes
- Analyzing data with pivot tables
- Create professional documents with SmartArt graphics.
Office Starter 2010 is designed for home users who are not ready to buy a full version of Office 2010.