This is a basic tutorial for Windows 10 beginners, who want to know how to install or uninstall Windows Store apps. The process is quite simple, so let us take a look at it.
Install Windows 10 apps
If you wish to install Windows Store Apps on your Windows 10 PC, you will have to visit the official Windows Store, search for the app, and then download and install it.
Type ‘store‘ in the taskbar bar search and click open the Store app. Using the search bar, search for the app. Once the Store app is found, click on the Install button. If the app is free, you will see Free written on the button. The process is rather simple and the installation is quick and straightforward too
Uninstall Windows 10 apps
To remove or uninstall a Windows 10 Apps which you installed from the Windows Store, right-click on its icon & select Uninstall. You can also use some freeware to uninstall them, which we have listed at the end of this post.
The easiest way to uninstall Windows 10 apps is to type the name of the app in the taskbar search. Once its icon is displayed in the search result, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
That is all! The app will be uninstalled in a few moments.
You can also remove the Store apps via the Settings app, as follows:
- Click on Start Menu to open it
- Click on Settings to open the Settings window
- In the Settings Window, click on System
- Click on Apps and Features. The right panel will be populated with the list of preinstalled Windows 10 apps that you can remove
- Click on an app to see the options Move and Uninstall. Click on Uninstall to remove the application.
The Uninstall feature is not available for all Windows 10 apps. Some of them, Windows thinks, are essential to you, and hence you will not see the Uninstall button next to them.
If you wish to read further on reinstalling, removing Windows Store apps, these posts are what you may be looking for:
- How to uninstall pre-installed default Windows Store Apps
- 10AppsManager is a tool to uninstall, reinstall Windows 10 preinstalled default Store apps with a click
- How to reinstall preinstalled apps
- Store Applications Manager is a freeware that lets you uninstall Windows Store Apps quickly
- Uninstall Windows Store apps with CCleaner.