Windows 7 has some fine in-built diagnostic tools to help you trouble-shoot Windows Media Player issues, which you may be facing. To open these specific troubleshooting & diagnostic modules do the following:
Type msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic in Start Search and hit Enter to open the troubleshooting wizard which will help you reset WMP to default settings.
Type msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic in Start Search and hit Enter to open the troubleshooting wizard which will help make Media files show up in WMP library.
Type msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic in Start Search and hit Enter to open the troubleshooting wizard which will help trouble-shoot DVD playing problems.
These links may also interest those looking for ways to troubleshoot Windows Media Player:
- Windows Media Player Solution Center
- Windows Media Player – FAQ
- Windows Media Player – Troubleshooting KBArticles
- Troubleshooting Windows Media Player Error Messages
- Fix It solutions for Windows Media Player.