If when attempting to sync your Windows Live email, calendar, or contacts to Windows Phone 7, you receive error messages, then this article may help troubleshoot the problem.
If when syncing email on your Windows Phone 7 you receive the following error message:
Not updated. There’s a problem with <mail domain>. Try again later. Last tried <X> seconds ago. Error code: 85010001
Then KB2450910 suggests the following work around!
Change your region and language setting to another English location.
To do this:
- On your Windows Phone, flick left and tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap region and language.
- Tap Region formatand then tap English (United States) or English (United Kingdom).
- Tap the “Tap here to accept changes and restart your phone” link that appears.
If you receive a “Windows Live error” error message when you try syncing your Windows Live email, calendar, or contacts to Windows Phone 7: “Windows Live error” to this effect:
Windows Live error. Not updated. We’re having a problem synchronizing with m.hotmail.com. Last tried <X> seconds ago. Error code: 86000206 or Error code: 86000108 or Error code: 85010017
Then KB2464629 suggests the following to resolve the issue:
- Open a web browser and sign in to your Windows Live account. Complete any steps that you are prompted for, including setting up your mailbox and accepting the new Terms of Service. Then browse to your Calendar to complete provisioning your calendar.
- On your phone, go to Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings, and then tap Email & Accounts. Tap Windows Live and re-enter your username and password information. Tap Done.
- On your phone, go to Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings, and then tap Email & Accounts. Tap Windows Live, tap Download email from, and tap The last 7 days. Tap Done.
- If none of the steps above fix the problem, try again later. You may be experiencing a temporary service outage.
Facebook and Windows Live on Windows Phone 7 may also interest you!