Being unable to log in or sign in to Windows Live Messenger is one of the most common problems a user may face.
If you are unable to log in or sign in to Windows Live Messenger you need to first note down the Error Code. This will help you in troubleshooting the issue.
Here are some links to some of the most common causes and the Microsoft Certified Solutions to these problems!
- Error 80048823. Windows Live Messenger could not sign you in because the sign-in name you entered does not exist or your password is incorrect. If you have forgotten your password, click forgot your password.
- Error 80048820. We are unable to Sign you in to the Windows Live Messenger at this time. Please try again later.
- Unknown Error: Cannot Sign in to Windows Live Messenger. Could not also see any error or getting unknown error message
- Error 8100030d. Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
- Error 81000306. You could not sign in because of a problem with the service or with your Internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Error 80072efd. Cannot Sign in to Windows Live Messenger.
- Error 8e5e***. Cannot Login to Windows Live Messenger. Get 8e5e*** Series error
Do note that although some may mention as being applicable to Windows XP, they are applicable to Windows 7 & Vista too!