Trend Micro Go Everywhere is one of the newest Windows 8 apps announced by Trend Micro. It is a simple-to-use app which helps you protecting your Windows 8 device from theft or loss. The app locates your lost device with just a single click. The Trend Micro Go Everywhere app works using a Worldwide Google map. Trend Micro recently announced Safe Guard for Windows 8 which is basically meant for keeping users safe on the Internet.
This security app comes with a very simple interface and helps you locate any of your registered Windows 8 device using Google Maps. The app does not just show you the current location of your device, but also rings a one minute alarm in your device. No matter where you forgot your Windows 8 tablet or laptop at your friends place or simply on your living room’s couch; you can find it either ways using the one minute alarm of Trend Micro Go Everywhere app.
Overall this app can help you find your lost device easily by locating it on the worldwide map and by ringing the one minute alarm.
Benefits of Trend Micro Go Everywhere
- Helps finding your lost Windows 8 device quickly and easily
- Works on the Google based worldwide map
- Rings loud one minute alarm so that you can find your device quickly
- Can locate up to five Windows 8 devices with one account.
- Free to download from Windows 8
- Supports many different languages.
Drawbacks of Trend Micro Go Everywhere
- Works only on Windows 8
- Don’t show exact location on the map
- Can the program locate the device even it is turned off?
Trend Micro Go Everywhere Screenshots
Although, Trend Micro Go Everywhere seems to be a very useful Windows 8 app, the only thing I didn’t like about is that, only another Windows 8 device can locate our lost Windows 8 device.
This latest security app from Trend Micro is presently in its beta version and is available for free download from the Windows Store.