- Using a default password of your Windows Live account
- Using a PIN number
- Using a Picture password
- Using a Finger Print Scanner if you have one
One can choose any one of the above options as his/her login method, but it might be a good idea to use your Windows Live account, since it automatically synchronizes all your settings across computers over the cloud. This includes your Internet history, application settings, shortcuts, password for services, etc.
Sync Windows 8 PC settings with Microsoft Account
If you have a local account but would like to convert it into Microsoft Account for configuring PC Sync settings this piece of writing will help you out to some extent.
- Access Charms bar from the lower right-corner of your computer screen and choose ‘Settings’.
- Now, click on the ‘More PC Settings’ option to open PC Settings.
- From the window that will show up on your computer screen choose ‘Users’ and then ‘Add a user’ option.
- Upon clicking, you will be prompted to enter a Microsoft account email address and a password to create a Windows 8 user account connected with your Microsoft account. But, if you like to create a local account, overlook all other options and just click on ‘Don’t want this user to sign in with a Microsoft account’ option. It is particularly noteworthy to mention here that local account is limited to your PC only.
- Next, click on ‘Local Account’ and enter username and password along with the password hint.
- Then, click on ‘Next’ to create local account and you are done in no time
- If you choose Microsoft Account instead of Local Account, you will get the option to sync all your computer data and settings with the cloud. How? You will notice an additional option ‘Sync PC Settings’ under PC settings. Clicking on this option will show up several toggles for syncing your data and settings with your Microsoft Account.
- First, it will ask you to confirm your action so confirm the action of syncing account information with other system settings.
Please note that you can avail of a large number of benefits if you choose to use online Microsoft Account. Plus, you will have the option to sync your PC settings with other PCs and tablets.
Which option do you prefer and why!?