There are many swapping utilities available on the Internet for swapping the names of two files or folders in Windows OS but none is as good as Swap’em. Swap’em allows you to swap the names of two files or folders, via drag and drop method onto its user interface. To enjoy totally seamless name swapping, the utility can also be added to ‘Context’ menu or to the ‘Send to’ menu. This makes the application even more convenient to use and swap files quickly and easily.
How to use Swap’em
- Simply download the Swap’em.zip file from the link provided at the end of the article.
- Extract contents of the zip file to a folder and run the executable file.
- Choose any two files of which you want to swap names and drag and drop them
- Instantly, a swap confirmation pop-up from the system tray will appear on-screen with the following message “names were swapped successfully”.
- Integration with Explorer context menu
- Integration with ‘Send to’ menu
- Support for drag and drop method
- Swap file names with file names
- Swap folder names with folder names
- Swap file names with folder names
- Native icons in ‘Before’ and ‘After’ style graphical user interface
- Multilingual menu
- Ability to keep GUI always on top
- User configurable SOT* function
SOT (Swap Operation Timeout) is an in-built function that lets a user define the time limit (seconds) for the swap operation to expire. The function is quick in action and gets auto-engaged whenever items situated in different locations are added to the application via ‘Send to’ or context menu or by drag and drop method.
Swap’em is free for personal use and distributed as a freeware. It runs on Windows 7, Vista and XP.