Many times, we need to put our Windows computer into the Sleep Mode, so that we can instantly wake and use it when we need it, without losing the time required for booting it. But sometimes, Windows will not Sleep. If Windows 8.1 refuses to sleep or won’t go into sleep mode, then this post will show you how to fix the Sleep Mode not working problem
Recently, we have seen how to enable or disable password requirement at wake up. After upgrading one of my system running Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, I have found that the sleep functionality was no longer working on that system.
In order to fix this issue, we need to correctly configure Windows Power Plan settings. Here is the way to fix this problem.
Windows Sleep Mode not working
1. Press Windows Key + W and type troubleshooting in the search box. Click on the Troubleshooting from the search results so obtained.
2. In the following window, from the left-hand side listed options, click on View all.
3. Moving on, pick Power from the list so available, this would launch the Power Troubleshooter.
4. In the Power Troubleshooter, you have to click Next option:
This will start the automatic detection and fixing of issues.
5. When the troubleshooting has been completed, you can click Close.
Now you can reboot the machine, after a restart, you’ll find that the issue is already fixed.
Sometimes, other problems related to Sleep Mode can appear in Windows. Well, these posts will show you how to fix such problems:
- Windows does not go to sleep
- Hibernate or Sleep shuts down computer running Windows 8.1
- Windows computer wakes from sleep automatically
These posts will show you the other ways you can manage Sleep on your PC:
- Wake up computer from Sleep, at a particular time
- Windows will not wake up from sleep mode
- Prevent Computer from waking up from Sleep
- Prevent Hard Disk from going to sleep.
Hope you find the post useful helps!