All Skype users, may at some point of time, experienced some problems while engaging in video calling or during an audio call. When you face these problems, the best alternative way is to chat instantly over the call using Skype IM. Yes – if you face any disturbance in your Skype call, you can use Skype IM instantly and you can resolve out your problem.
Skype IM is already installed with your Skype, so you need not install any third-party software. With Skype IM, you can send Instant messages, files and instant contacts. Your files would be uploaded to Skype Servers and the other person chatting with you can easily download and access that file.
Skype IM features
Some features of Skype IM:
- Instant Messaging
- Cool Emoticons
- File Sharing
- Skype Contact sharing
- SMS option
How to use Skye IM
Like other web IM’s Skype is easy to use and operate. To access Skype IM, what you need to do is:
- From left side, click on any contact and at the bottom right you will see a text box with a Send button.
- Type your message there and simply hit the Send button.
- You can insert emoticons by pressing the small smiley button near the chat screen.
- To send it as a SMS, click on the SMS check-box, but remember, you can only send SMS if you have Skype credits.
- You can even send files with Skype – what you need to do is simply right-click a contact and click on Send File button, you will see a dialog box, from where you can select a file and upload it to Skype servers.
- You can even send Skype contacts with Skype IM by just following the same procedure mentioned above.
There is lot more in Skype IM and you will love to use it as it is like all other available IMs. With Skype IM you can also group chat.
Go here if you need some Skype Login and Security tips.