The Windows 8 operating system offers an easy way to repair the Metro apps, should they not be functioning properly. If there is some problem with any app, when you click on an app to open it, you find that it simply crashes and closes down, and you get to see the start screen again.
Repair Windows 8 Apps
This time however, you will see a small ‘x’ sign on the bottom right side of the Tile, indicating that something is wrong with this particular app. It could be for a built-in app or even a third-party app.
This app can’t open & needs to be repaired
Click on it again. This time, it will display a This app can’t open message. To exit, you may click on Close. To repair it, you should click on the Go to the Store link.
Clicking on Repair will repair the app. Effectively, the app is re-installed with all it default settings intact.
Once the app is repaired, you will see a notification in the top right side stating that the app was installed.
Now if you try to open the app, you will see that it opens properly.
If it still, doesn’t help, you may want to check these links:
- Troubleshoot and Fix Apps problems with Windows 8 Apps Troubleshooter
- Fix: Metro Tiles are not responding in Windows 8
- Fix: Random Windows 8 Metro App Crashes
- Unable to Install Apps from Windows 8 Store
- Error 0x80073cf9 While Installing Apps From Windows Store In Windows 8
- Error Code 0x8024600e When Trying To Install Or Update Windows Store Apps
- Unable to update Windows Store applications on Windows 8
- Random Windows 8 Metro App Crashes & Freezes
- Fix: Windows Store apps crashing in Windows 8, by performing Clean Uninstall using PowerShell.