Microsoft’s stunning mobile panorama app, Photosynth which was previously featured on for Windows Phone 7.5 is now available for Windows Phone 8 mobile devices. It was absent for Microsoft’s latest mobile platform for several months, but it is finally here now.
Photosynth App For Windows Phone 8
Unlike the Photosynth app previously available on iOS devices, this latest Windows Phone 8 version comes with some exclusive features and a complete support for Microsoft’s mobile platform.
Let me brief you about the new features added in the Photosynth app for Windows Phone 8
- The refurbished Photosynth app for Windows Phone 8 allows user to click the panoramic picture in 360 degrees, both vertically as well as horizontally. It won’t be an exaggeration saying that this is the only Windows Phone app allowing users to stitch a full sphere in a single picture. You can capture the floor as well as ceiling just in a single click.
- The Photosynth app can be launched direct from default camera app of the device. Just start the panorama mode, lift your camera up and take the shots. The shots get automatically stitched into a single panoramic picture when you are done. The app includes camera lens integration feature which allows users to quickly capture and view panoramas by launching Photosynth directly from the camera app.
- The Photosynth app for Windows Phone 8 also comes with new sharing options. Users can click and share their panoramas with their friends on Facebook and Twitter. You can also publish your panoramic images to Bing. Users can view the panoramas shared by your friends via social networking websites of directly on your handset.
- Some new camera controls are also added in the new Photosynth app such as white balance locking options and lighting conditions. Users can now adjust the white balance and lighting conditions within the app making your panoramic images beautiful and immersive.
- The new Photosynth app for Windows Phone 8 also includes various bug fixes and stability issues.
The new blending and core stitching algorithms make the Photosynth app for Windows Phone 8 worth trying. Windows Phone users can install the app for free directly from the MarketPlace. You just need to sign in with your Microsoft account on your phone to get the app.
I must mention here that you can enjoy this wonderful mobile panorama app only if you own a Windows Phone mobile device with at least 512MB of RAM.