Every computer requires protection against spyware, virus, worms, trojans and other malware. Some of the anti-virus software might charge you an annual subscription for protecting your PC against malware. And then, there are other good free antivirus software like Microsoft Security Essentials too, that offer you good protection.
Today we are here with another free anti-virus for the Windows platform - PC Tools AntiVirus Free. It is another nice security software for Windows 7 which is full of features – enough to keep your computer protected at all times.
Talking about the features of the software, I have enumerated them below briefly:
- Basic Protection: It protects you from every kind of viruses while you are working, surfing internet or playing games.
- Fast scanning
- Optional scanning
- Protects MBR (Master Boot Record)
- Customized scanning
- Ability to quarantine and restore items that have been detected
- Guards your PC against spyware and viruses being sent or received via email
- Automatically generated log
- Search Defender: A built on Browser Defender technology that warns you about unsafe or phishing websites.
- User Friendly interface
- Smart Updates keep your antivirus updated about the new malwares and viruses
The interface of the software is designed perfectly, in my opinion. Everything is arranged properly in 5 tabs. The GUI is is easy to use and looks beautiful.
On the bar at bottom of the software, you can see four important options: Report card, Upgrade, Smart Update and Help. In the Report Card option, the scan reports are organized in such a way that you can just get to know about your PC in seconds.Upgrade option is used to update your anti-virus to a paid version. Now comes the Smart Update option. This is a very useful feature in this free software. Smart Update provides you frequent automatic updates and product upgrades to ensure that you are always protected against the latest virus threats.
PC Tools AntiVirus Free Download
PC Tools AntiVirus is free to use and you can download it from here.
If any one of you are using it, we’d be happy to hear about your experience.