Due to multi-user functionality we can create a number of user accounts in Windows 8. In fact I have seen cases, where if users face any issue on the system, they first try to check whether the issue is experienced after creating a new user account or not. Then we apply the fix according to the results so found. But there also exists the possibility that Windows is simply unable to display Other Users on your computer at logon and Start Screen drop down which appeared once. As a result of it, you are unable to switch to other users on the same computer.
So how does one fix this issue? I learnt this issue is due to non-existence of User Accounts in the Group section of Local Users and Groups window. There is also the possibility that a wrong group is being listed for Switch Users and Logon Screen sections. There are many possibilities like that exists, so we’re going to give you the fix in this article.
Other Users Not Displaying
1 : Using Command Prompt
1. Open administrative Command Prompt and type the following command:
secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
2. Hit Enter, restart the computer.
2 : Using Local Users and Groups window
1. Press Windows Key + R, type lusrmgr.msc, click OK.
2. Now click Group section, right click on Administrator and pick Add to Group.
3. Then in following window, click Add.
4. Then in Select Users window, click on Object Types….
5. Now in the following window, select Users and uncheck other options here. Click OK.
6. After clicking OK, we’re back to Select Users window. Now click on Advanced there so that you’ll got this:
7. On this window, click Find Now. From Search Results, look for the user name not appearing on logon screen / Start Screen user name drop down menu. Click OK. Again click OK in following window:
Now reboot the system an your issue should be fixed now!
Hope it helps!