Microsoft has released the Office Environment Assessment Tool. This is a comprehensive environment scanning tool. This tool (along with documentation) assists a customer in the assessment phase of deployment.
Office Environment Assessment Tool
OEAT scans client computers for add-ins and applications that interact with Microsoft Office 97, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2003, the 2007 Microsoft Office system, and Microsoft Office 2010. You use OEAT during the assessment phase of an Office 2010 or Office Professional Plus for Office 365 deployment project.
- Currently installed applications and installation environment
- Add-ins currently in use by Office clients
- Programs that are not registered as add-ins but still interact with Office programs
- Report: Environmental assessment (potential upgrade issues)
- Report: Add-ins assessment–list of third party programs and information about the compatibility of those programs with Microsoft Office 2010
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows 2000, etc.
This tool collects information for the following Office applications:
Microsoft Office 97, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 Microsoft Office system, Microsoft Office 2010
In addition, you must have the following applications installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, Microsoft Office Excel 2007, -OR- Microsoft Excel 2010
You can get it from its download page.
The newly released Office 2010 Compatibility Inspector Tool may also interest you.