In its prime time, the Messenger was one oof the top instant messaging software and indeed a rage among youngsters as well as professionals. However it was replaced by its successor Windows Live Messenger. Now, after Windows Live Messenger’s recent closure, many of its users have been forced to use Skype. Thus in case you try to use Windows Live Messenger an error notice would appear stating that you will need to upgrade to a higher version in order to continue. And this higher version refers to Skype in this context.
Messenger Reviver 2
A freeware called Messenger Reviver 2 can help users with this problem. It automatically installs, repairs and modifies Windows Live Messenger 2012, 2011, 2009, and 2008 as well as Windows Messenger, in order to allow you to continue signing in despite being blocked by Microsoft. It helps bypass the restrictions that Microsoft imposed on Windows Live Messenger.
- Firstly, you need to download Messenger Reviver 2.
- Now install the software and run it.
- Once, installed, click on the start button and the messenger will start with its modification process immediately.
- Then, the software will check whether Windows Live Essential is present on your system or not. If not, it will install it.
- After completing the official installation of Windows Live Messenger, it will make them compatible with your system. In order to choose the language, it will check the previous settings on your Windows OS.
- In case you installed Skype, the software will remove it as well, in order to make way for Windows Live Messenger.
This way, you will be able to use your good old Windows Live Messenger again. Visit this link for further information.
To be able to use this software, one needs to have either Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 installed. In case you are using Windows XP, you will have to check if has .NETFramework 2.0 installed in it.