Microsoft has made available for download Internet Explorer Administration Kit 9. Internet Explorer Administration Kit or the IEAK allows you to customize Internet Explorer according to organizations custom needs.
With use of this administration kit for ICP’s (Internet Content Providers), users can have custom customer support page, Users’ home page, Users’ search providers, Links in the Favorites bar, Links to Explorer Bars, Add-on Components page (for optional components), Add Web Slices and Accelerators i.e appearance of the browser and the Setup program.
- Establish version control across your organization.
- Centrally distribute and manage browser installations.
- Configure automatic connection profiles for users’ machines.
- Customize virtually any aspect of Internet Explorer, including features, security, communications settings, and other important elements.
In effect, the Internet Explorer Administration Kit 9 lets you do the following things:
- Distribution options. You can specify how you want to distribute Internet Explorer — either using a product CD or the local area network (LAN). You can also create a configuration-only package to update Internet Explorer settings without installing code on your customers’ or users’ computers.
- Custom components. You can include in-house applications and other programs in the custom package to distribute to your users and computers.
- Setup experience. Depending on your license type, you can set the level of user interaction during the installation, and specify settings for the Microsoft® Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, the default browser, and Internet Explorer updates.
- Search experience. You can customize the list of search providers for your users.
- Browser experience. You can customize where your users are directed for support; the display of home pages and a welcome page; the list populating Favorites, Links, and Web Feeds; and toolbar buttons.
- Administrator-approved Microsoft ActiveX controls. You can specify the controls to run while locking out all others, which reduces overhead and troubleshooting issues. The approved set of ActiveX controls can be enabled and administered dynamically by using the options in Additional Settings in IEAK Profile Manager.
- Automatic configuration. You can automatically refresh your users’ Internet Explorer settings at regular intervals, or every time the browser is started.
Internet Explorer Customization Wizard 9 Screenshots:
Download page : Internet Explorer Administration Kit 9.
These links may also interest you:
- Internet Explorer 9 download and resource links
- Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 9 Toolkit.