All of you may agree with me about a fact that no email service is of use unless it has contacts in the contact list. While you may have created your account with Microsoft’s latest webmail serviced Outlook.com, chances are many of your friends might have not. So what about them, will you ask everyone personally to join the service, thereby promoting it or simply import desired contacts?
Well, I believe the second option suits you much better! With a little bit of effort, one can easily move or add contacts to Outlook.com as the service devotes some integrated features to import contacts from services like Google and social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
In this post, we will let you know the ways for importing contacts to Outlook.com. There are 2 ways by which you can import contacts to Outlook:
- Direct way – For social networking sites and Google services
- File Import method – Useful for importing contacts from non-linked services like Yahoo!mail
We will discuss both!
Import contacts to Outlook.com
- Login to your Outlook account and direct the mouse pointer towards the drop-down arrow, located at the upper-left corner just adjacent to ‘Outlook’ print.
- From the 4 widgets displayed, choose ‘People’.
- Immediately, you will be directed to a new page where you will have options to choose to import contacts from. You can choose any service but here, I chose ‘Facebook Friends’.
- Once you choose the option and click on it you are asked to confirm your action by clicking on the ‘Connect’ button.
- Next, you will be requested to go to Facebook.com and log-in with your Facebook account. Click on ‘Login’ button.
- After this, Microsoft will request you to grant permission for managing your accounts. If you feel it’s safe to do so grant the permission by hitting ‘Allow’ button.
- Finally you will get the confirmation that you are connected to Facebook from your Outlook account. Your contacts should be imported and copied to Outlook.com in minutes.
Importing contacts to Outlook.com using Import from File option
If you would like to get the contacts from other services that are not linked to Outlook such as Yahoo! Mail, you are allowed to use ‘Import from file option’. It is the last option in ‘Add people to your contact list’ window.
A step by step guide will make it easier for you to import contacts via this method. Checkout the screen-shot below!
Thus, you can import contacts from different services to Outlook.com very easily!
These posts about Outlook.com are sure to interest you – do check them out too!
- How to create a new outlook.com mail ID
- How To Configure Outlook.com Email With Microsoft Outlook Desktop
- Outlook.com SkyDrive integration: Send files upto 300MB as attachments easily
- Email Settings for Outlook.com you can use with Outlook Desktop
- How to delete or close Outlook.com email account permanently.