For those of you who dont like the start orb and want to do away with it, you now have two easy ways to do it.
UPDATE: You can also remove the Start Orb using TWC’s Ultimate Windows Customizer as well and it doesn’t have to run in the background..
Download No Start Orb for Win7 and use it.
- Add take ownership to your right click context menu using the registry patch.
- Browse to Windows folder.
- Rightclick on ‘explorer’ and take ownership.
- Rename it to explorerbackup.exe
- Now Paste the one in hotspot folder.
- Restart explorer and you are done.
It will remove the Start Orb and give you a hotspot instead!
Alternatively you might also want to check out Start Killer. This app hides the start orb button, while running in the notifications area. In this case, although the Start Orb Button is removed, you can still open Start Menu using CTRL+ESC or WIN key.
Best to create a system restore point first.
Works on Windows 7 & Vista x86 & x64, too.