On Windows 7 Telnet Client and Server is be disabled by default. If you want to enable it, you can do so using the Command Prompt or via the Control Panel.
To do so:
- Click on Start and under search type in CMD
- Right click on CMD and click on Run as administrator
- Enter the Administrator password if it prompt
- Then type in pkgmgr /iu:”TelnetClient” to Enable the Client
- And pkgmgr /iu:”TelnetServer” to Enable the Server
In case if you want to enable it through Windows Explorer here are the steps:
- Click on Start and under search type in appwiz.cpl
- Then click Turn Windows feature on or off from the right side panel
- There look for Telnet Server and Telnet Client and click on that box
- Click OK and reboot the system if prompted.
Want to watch Star Wars using Telnet in Windows 7? Go here!