There are thousands and thousands of Blogs, but what makes some stand out is the cool logo or image that they sport in their headers! Adding a logo means adding to the brand name and it is also important, considering the design aspect of a blog.
You can always make a simple logo in Paint or Adobe Photoshop. Or you can search on the internet on how to create one. Many websites also allow you to create a logo absolutely free of cost.
Once your logo is ready, its time to insert it on your blog.
In this example, I will be inserting a logo on my blog - techreviews4u.com
To do so, follow these steps:
1. Upload your logo where WordPress is installed or go to > Posts > Add new > Add an image > (Simply upload your logo now)
2. In the link field, add your blog’s URL .
3. Again, click on the image and go to “Insert/Edit link” Set the target to “Open in the same window”
In short, what we are doing is uploading the logo and setting its link target to your own blog.
4. Go to the “HTML” tab and copy all the text.
5. Now Go to > Appearance > Editor > Header
6. This is the most important step now. You have to replace this text -
“<h1><a href=”<?php echo get_settings(‘home’); ?>”><?php bloginfo(‘name’); ?></a></h1>
<h1><a href=”<?php echo get_settings(‘home’); ?>”><?php bloginfo(‘name’); ?></a></h1><p><?php bloginfo(‘description’); ?></p>”
with this. In my case it is:
“<a href=”http://www.techreviews4u.com/” target=”_self”><img class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-2840″ title=”Tech Blogger” src=”http://www.techreviews4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/tech-blogger-logo.jpg” alt=”Tech Blogger” width=”330″ height=”111″ /></a>”
7. Done ! It should now appear on your blog.
If you have any questions, please let me know!