Downloading free image editing software and storing images in bulk for editing occupies disk space on your computer; and its fine if you use it often. That said, there are many online image editors present at your disposal that do the same task thereby, reducing the load on your computer. These online image editing software are free for use and promise good results.
Free Online Photo Editor
Splashup is a free online image editor which gives the feel and look of Photoshop. It is capable of running on all browsers, works in real-time and allows you to edit many images at once. It even has the ability to integrate seamlessly with top photo sharing sites.
Upon start, one can open images in Splashup from a local computer or a website address and after editing store or save them to a computer – Splashup account in desired formats. The online photo-editing tool is compatible with formats like,
The all-round photo editor offers standard tools like rotate, crop, resize and many more for beginners. For more advanced users it offers layer effects, filters, blend mode, and brushes. It even includes a layer feature similar to Adobe Photoshop that allows creating multi-layered pictures right online.
How to use Splashup for free photo editing
- Sign-in for a free account. To do this, visit the website (www.splashup.com) and fill up a form by entering your email address, password and a display name
- If you are not interested in editing photos online the website offers Splashup Lite program too. Visit this page to download and install a free copy of it.
FotoFlexer is one of the most advanced online image editor that brings professional grade photo editing suites online for free. Till date, it remains the prefered choice for online photo editing. FotoFlexer has many advantages;
- Ability to integrate with social networks and leading photo sites
- Photos import and export support
To access image editing tools you need to upload a photo. Once done, you can expand to a full-screen mode by clicking on ‘Fullscreen’.
Then, you can begin editing and organizing photos with the help of organized tabs.These include,
- Basic – Allows rotating, cropping and re-sizing images
- Effects – The program has a wide range of effects like Comic, Blur edges, Superpixelate, CrossProcess, etc
- Decorate – Allows adding text, sticker (very useful when hiding certain body parts of an image), borders, and other to create a unique and fun photo
- Animations – Adds animated stickers to image to make them look more vibrant
- Beautify – This appears to be a make-up kit for beautifying images as it includes a wrinkle cream to smoothen image wrinkles and fix small blemishes
- Distort – Pinches, bulges and twirls images
- Geek – It includes a very smart feature ‘Cutout’. The feature lets you cut people or objects out of a shot and add it into another photo or bring another shot into the workspace.
Apart from these, there is a Layers tab with many more editing options.
It is web-based and free version of Adobe Photoshop software. The free online image editor offers some good beginner tools for image editing and retouching. The tool is not targetted at professionals but conventional consumers and just requires simple registration for its usage.
Photoshop Express not only includes basic image editing tools like crop and rotate, but also advanced ones such as blur and warm vintage look.
Other newly added Photoshop Express features:
- New dodge and burn tools
- New crystallize effect
- Popular pop color
- Popular Auto-correct
- New pixelate effect
- Popular caption and thought bubbles
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.