Sometime when you boot your System you might get this error 0×490 and you won’t proceed from there. This happens if the Boot Manager is damaged or corrupted. In such a case, what we have to do, is we could run a Startup Repair.
To do so:
- Insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, or a system repair disc, and then shut down your computer.
- Then restart your Computer
- When prompted, press any key, and then follow the instructions that appear
- On the Install Windows page, or on the System Recovery Options page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Select the Windows installation you want to repair, and then click next.
- On the System Recovery Options menu
- Click on Start Repair
- Startup Repair would run the Repair process
- After the process is over and fixes are applied, the computer would be re-started.
On some occasions, we might need to run the Repair, 3 or 4 times to create the boot files to new location. Each time we have to restart the PC.