Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Services (ATS) will allow you to automatically diagnose and fix causes of poor system performance, such as the power saver setting, multiple anti-virus programs running, multiple startup programs running, and too many users logged on to the computer. This will make Windows run faster.
Windows computer slow
Once you download the 519 KB Mats_Run.performance installer, and run it, it will first download and install the Microsoft ATS engine.
What it fixes:
- Power plan is set to power saver
- More than one user is logged on to this computer
- Multiple anti-virus programs are running
- Several programs are running when Windows starts
- Running advanced visual effects (like Windows Vista transparency) and running multiple programs at once may affect performance
So if you find that your Windows PC is running slow and you need to make your Windows computer run faster you might want to try out this.
Visit Microsoft Fix It to download it.
Update: The Fix It seems to have been taken down. See these Performance related posts instead.