If when you connect a hardware device to your Windows computer, you find that it is not detected or working, you can apply this Fix It from Microsoft and see if it helps.
What it fixes:
- When you install a hardware device, it is not detected
- Determine if your audio device is plugged in
- Driver updates aren’t automatically installed by Windows Update
- You receive one of the following errors: Your <Device> is currently disabled or turned off in Windows OR Your <Device> has a driver problem and needs to be reinstalled
- Windows has detected a problem with your <Device>, it is not working properly
- There is no driver installed for your <Device>
Head over to Microsoft Support to download it.