In case you havent heard of it, the Mozilla Campus Representative Program, is an initiative of SpreadFirefox.com movement. The objective being very clear : Enlist young campus reps, spread the word about Firefox and increase its use.
2009-2010 Campus Reps Signups are now open. To become a Firefox Campus rep, you have to complete a survey and register yourself. You will then be provided with a cool Swag Pack, consisting of stickers, badges, T-shirts, etc, which you may distribute.
Here are just a few reasons, mentioned on the website, why one should be an active member of the Mozilla Campus Reps program.
- Opportunity to experience grassroots marketing at its finest
- Develop your skills in communications and technology
- Gain knowledge about open source software and the Web
- Become a community leader and work with other students and faculty around the world to build your network.
- Get a reference letter from Mozilla and enhance your resume
- Tell everyone you know why you think Firefox is the browser choice of your generation.
A nice marketing intitiative; catch ‘em young seems to be the mantra!
Any lessons to be learnt here?