Ever since the Automated Troubleshooting Solutions were launched by Microsoft Fix It team, they have become very popular over a period of time. These Automated Troubleshooting Solutions help resolve Windows issues in a click. If your computer is facing power consupmtion problems and you would like to extend your laptop battery, you may want to try out this ATS.
This Power Troubleshooter ATS will automatically troubleshoots Windows power plans and detects your system settings that can affect power usage, such as timeout and sleep settings, display settings, and screensavers, and restore them to their default settings.
This ATS fixes the following:
- Wireless adaptor is not optimized for power saving
- Screen saver is used instead of setting the computer to enter sleep mode
- Period of time before the computer goes to sleep is set too long
- Minimum processor state is set too high
- Display brightness is set too high
- Power plan is not set to the most efficient power plan.
You have the option to let it scan and fix issues automatically, or you can choose and selecte which settings you want fixed.
Head over to Microsoft to download and run the ATS. Windows 10/8.1 has this tool built-in.
You can also Troubleshoot Power Plans in Windows with PowerCFG Tool.