There is no dearth of resources and guides available to help users explore and get started with the Windows 8.1 operating system. We have the Windows 8.1 Power User Guide for Business, the Windows 8.1 Update Guides and How-to videos as well as several Windows 8.1 Resources & Video tutorials. There is another one from Microsoft titled Explore Windows 8.1, Work Smart Quick Reference Guide that you may want to have a look at.
Explore Windows 8.1 Work Smart Quick Reference Guide
Ever since Windows 8 was introduced in 2012, we have seen the operating system undergo several changes – first as Windows 8.1 and then some more updates which were formally called Windows 8.1 Update.
The Windows 8.1 operating system provides a robust array of features for touch-based, mouse-controlled, and keyboard-controlled devices. This Quick Reference Guide will get you started.
The guide covers the following topics:
- Using the Start screen
- Switching from the Start screen to the desktop
- Personalizing your Start screen
- Finding app tiles on the Start screen
- Using Charms Bar
- Showing all installed apps
- Searching for apps, settings, and files
- How to Exit an app
- Locking your computer or signing out
- Unlocking your computer.
If this looks interesting, it is available at the Microsoft Download Center.
More links to help you learn how to use Windows 8.1:
- Windows 8.1 Features & Tidbits
- Windows 8.1 File Explorer Features
- Windows 8.1 Power User Guide for Business
- Windows 8.1 Product Guide from Microsoft.
Ever since Windows 8 was introduced in 2012, we saw some changes happening with Windows 8.1 and now Windows 8.1 Update. The latest updates, formally named as Windows 8.1 Update introduces new features and more changes to Windows 8, based on consumer feedback.